Solutions for Transportation and Logistics
SpaceTime Insight applications for Transportation and Logistics correlate and analyze data from multiple, disparate sources spatially, over time and across networks and terminals. These applications combine real-time awareness with predictive analytics to visually display networks and trends. This ability to visualize where problems occur and when and where they might occur in the future directs and advises transportation providers to take actions that meet demand, maximize revenue, and avoid mis-directing equipment to the wrong locations. SpaceTime Insight applications provide network managers, capacity planners and customer service representatives unrivaled insight to optimize network operations.
Transportation companies operating large networks of assets must constantly seek to maximize the use of those assets. Today’s mobile asset tracking systems provide transportation companies a tremendous source of real time information that can be harnessed to optimize networks. Yet, the amount of this data is so massive, that it is difficult to draw meaningful conclusions fast enough to make changes in network flows. At the same time, providers must deal with the variability of supply and demand, and work to ensure that equipment is in the right place at the right time to meet demand. And the search continues for tools that maximize the productivity of employees who work with customers, shipping capacity or who manage the network.
- Real-time visibility to current and trending supply/demand at key terminal location OR changes in spot market pricing
- Alert operators of potential service failures that may impact on-time pickups/deliveries
- Predictive analytics that show developing network imbalances and help operators optimize equipment utilization
- Improve on-time performance
- Maximize revenue
- Reduce costs and risk of equipment downtime
- Improve network planner productivity
Freight Brokerage Intelligence
The application displays information received from load boards and lane rate providers combined with additional reference information, enabling your brokers to efficiently match loads with capacity to consistently and quickly quote and close deals at the best margin. The comprehensive views also facilitate onboarding of newly hired brokers faster than ever before possible, reducing the time it takes for new-hires to begin generating revenue. All end-users only need to use one application to see and interact with the necessary and relevant information from all of your applications, systems and data sources (e.g., CRM, TMS, load boards, etc.). Key performance indicators combined with activity analysis available to your managers in real-time enables them to identify and address performance issues as well as make critical operational decisions with confidence.
- Onboard newly hired personnel faster
- Quickly identify loads to book
- Quote and book business more quickly with optimal margins
- Institutionalize operational workflows
- Collect and analyze data from all relevant systems in a single pane of glass
- New hires generate revenue sooner and at greater margins
- Book more loads, including backhaul loads
- Maximize revenue and margins
- Increase productivity by instilling streamlined and consistent processes
- Maximize loads and margins through a 360 degree understanding of your agents, fleet, and external carriers
Other Non-Asset Intelligence
Third Party Logistics Providers (3PLs), brokers and freight forwarders face a unique set of challenges in the transportation industry. They must provide consistently high levels of service required by customers, while maximizing the use of equipment at their disposal. Additionally, they need to maximize revenue and meet contractual commitments while accessing the spot market to balance variability between supply and demand. Tools that increase productivity of brokers are essential to manage customers’ needs, transportation capacity, and monitor the changing network.
- Real-time visibility to current spot market pricing/trends and equipment usage
- Predictive analytics that help determine future supply/demand imbalances
- Alerts on service failures and impacts to on-time pickup (based on proximity, traffic, weather, etc.)
- Insights for service and carrier representatives to optimize appropriate actions and negotiate prices
- Improve on-time performance of deliveries
- Maximize revenue and margins
- Reduce costs of selecting the wrong carrier
- Increase productivity by make better decisions faster