Machine learning is all the rage, with business leaders scrambling to understand how it can benefit their organizations, and for some, even what machine learning is. One thing is clear: the onslaught of data from the internet of things has made quickly scaling machine learning and advanced analytics the key to optimizing enterprise decision-making, operations, and logistics.
An enterprise-grade machine learning solution begins with three core capabilities:
- predictions without relying on knowledge of past events
- analysis and visualization of time series data
- optimized decision-making under uncertain conditions.
With these, an enterprise can put its data to work to improve operations and planning.
Handy resources to learn more about machine learning:
- TechCrunch: WTF is Machine Learning
- The Next Platform (three-part series):